Public web site: www.extension.umn.edu/pesticides
List of certified private applicators certification expiring in 2012 sorted by county in a specially formatted EXCEL file.
- 2012 Workshop Guide (48 K PDF) - list of modules, checking in participants before the workshop, checking out participants after the workshop and handling workshop registration data.
- 2012 Workshop Facilitator Info Sheet (16K XLS) - please fill out this form for each workshop and return with Workshop Registration file to Tana & Mary Kay.
- 2012 Workshop Generic Receipt Form, U of MN Extension (114 K PDF) - All participants at all workshops should receive this receipt (not just for workshops in later February & March).
- List of Restricted Use Pesticides Registered in Minnesota as of 11/30/10 (359 K PDF) - expect a few changes since. If someone wants to check on a product, go to the MDA public pesticide product registration search website at: http://www2.mda.state.mn.us/webapp/lis/productsdefault.jsp and in the pesticide registration search box, uncheck the "Last Registered Year" box and then check one of the "Restricted Only" buttons (by co. name, product name, or EPA Reg. No.). The search results will give you all RUP products, and the registration status ("C" in Status Code column means cancelled).
- MDA’s Workshop Policies (77 K PDF)
- MDA’s Workshop Topics Factsheet (27 K PDF)
Workshop Module: Introduction and Certification - Use in all workshops as is.
Topic Standard 1: Laws and Regs.
- 2012 Introduction, Certification and Laws (2.74 MB PPT) – includes welcome, check-in, about the workshop, about certification and at the end a few slides about other laws. The 'other laws' are optional slides if you have time or interest.
- 2012 Closing (363 K PPT) – includes check-out info and some eval Turning Point questions.
- Alternate 2012 Closing (469 K PPT) – includes same as other 'Closing' plus Educator Evaluation Turning Point questions."
- Private Applicator Workshops 2012 Resource and Reference List (22 K DOC) - key websites referenced throughout the workshop. To be used as a handout for all workshop participants.
Workshop Module: Record Keeping – Use in all workshops as is.
Topic Standard 11) Record Keeping. Can hide selected slides if needed.
- 2012 Private Recordkeeping (537 K PPT)
- USDA Private Applicator Recordkeeping Brochure (2.13 MB PDF) – June 2010 version
Workshop Module: Herbicides and Water Quality – MDA PPT. Can skip slides (hide them) if too long but can not make changes to any slide.
- 2012 Herbicides and Water Quality (5.36 MB PPT)
Workshop Module: PPE:Gloves – Use in all workshops as is. Can skip slides if too long.
- 2012 PPE: Gloves (4.65 MB PPT)
Workshop Module: Transportation and Storage – Use in all workshops. You can not modify any slides but may skip slides if not enough time.
- 2012 Transportation and Storage (6.22 MB PDF)
Workshop Module: Sprayer Calibration – This module was developed by Ryan Miller and Brad Carlson. There are handouts to go with the PPT.
- 2012 Sprayer Calibration (4.98 MB PPT)
- Warrior II label selected pages (241 K PDF)
- Ground Speed Chart (170 K PDF)
- XR Nozzle (141 K PDF)
- Teejet AIXR Nozzles (568 K PDF)
- Calibration Worksheet (139 K PDF) - this piece was developed by Dan Martens and David Nicolai for use with the Calibration module. (Optional)
Workshop Module: Waste Pesticides and Container Disposal – Use at all workshops. Can skip slides or add slides but can not change any slides.
- 2012 Waste Pesticides and Containers (4.64 MB PPT)
Workshop Module: Pest Management – all workshops. Educators develop their own module.
Topic Standard 5) Pests – Regional/County Educators.
- See MDA topic standards facts sheet for more info on this topic standard
- Include in this module IPM Framework for managing crop pests
Workshop Module: Fungicides. Can adapt if needed
- 2012 Fungicides (2.49 MB PPT) this module was developed by Liz Stahl and Dean Malvick. A few TurningPoint slides were added for 2012. Slides 28-33 are hidden.
The following are optional resources to support your work with the workshops.