Communicating the value of programs
Our goal is to communicate the value of educational solutions, research focus, and knowledge expertise of our Center's programs to authorizers and the public.
Our core efforts include:
- Branding: maintain and enhance the University of Minnesota Extension brand in print, in person, and online.
- Stories: Tell Extension's story about food, agricultural and natural resource sciences to a broader audience (eg: Ag News Wire).
- Web: oversee, upgrade, and enhance our Center's approximately 40 websites.
- Internal communications: share news and resources with CFANS Extension employees via newsletter and other channels.
The goal of communications is to:
- Maximize the impact of your programmatic work.
- Enhance the value of the brand.
- Support the team by providing effective communication tools.
- Increase the reach of communications.
How communications staff can help educators and specialists:
Maggie Frazier, communications editor, consults with educators and specialists on communications best practices. She also provides writing and editing services on special projects and manages Center-wide internal communications (eg: newsletter and intranet). Contact if you have a newsletter submission, a communications strategy question, or a news story that you'd like to go to state-wide media (eg: Ag News Wire).
Katie Gallagher, communications designer, oversees, upgrades, and enhances our Center's approximately 40 websites. She also provides design services on special projects (eg: Farmfest, forestry banner), including printed materials. Katie also helps educators and specialists with template and branding questions. Contact if you plan to work with a contract designer or are planning a project with design needs.